Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Treasure Chest

My style is eclectic and ranges from fun Cali-chic to polished professional with an ultra femme edge. I love colors, prints and fun textures. Last but definitely not least, accessories! Occasionally, my outfit will completely revolve around a key accessory.

What makes dressing fun for you? 
I know why its fun for me! Each morning I approach my closet like it's a store. I pull together my outfit with fresh inspiration. Sometimes I can't even remember the outfit because it's so spontaneous. This spontaneity is what I love the most! I cherish my closet; my treasures I've gathered over time. Picture your closet as a giant jewelry box and pick your gems wisely! 

Every Fashionista has her own set of guidelines when it comes to finding the pieces to add to her precious collection. Through the years, I've evolved my own.

1. Don't buy anything you don't truly love, love, love. 
2. Know the difference between a flash trend and a good one.
3. Know when to opt for colors and when to stick to classics. 
4. Be patient. Growing your collection takes time to fit your personal style.
5. Be eclectic. Never, EVER buy any one full outfit in one store. 

I've featured a few shots of my (humble) closet below and then some famous closets totally worth coveting. To 'shop' in those closets every morning...a girl can dream, right??




Jenna Lyons, J Crew
Padma Laksmi Douglas
Rachel Zoe
Tinsley Mortimer



No comments: