Monday, January 24, 2011

'I Love LA': Fashion District


I headed downtown to check out the Fashion District in action. Admittedly, it is my first time there. With hours from Mon-Fri for most of the shops and roughly 30% opened on Saturday; today was the perfect day to catch this district at its best. The shopping is incredible. Ridic finds and bargain treasures galore! It's definitely a place where you look through a whole lot of junk and come across treasures, like some items featured below. Other secrets to the Fashion District is stumbling upon up and coming designers through wholesale and sample sales.   

Finds: woven hemp and colored yarn bracelets I got for $1 each, art deco square wood ring, nouveau-inspired earrings, scarf, floral bib necklace with tie-back ribbons, comfy leggings at prices that cannot be beat, platforms in prep for Spring and even a cute striped hoody for my yorkie Cody, so he can discover his hipster self!

Santee Alley, Downtown Los Angeles.
Hemp & colored yarn bracelets.
Floral bib necklace with ribbon ties-inspiring me to start a DIY necklace project!
Avoided bright colors & opted for a more classic version of this 'hipster' scarf. 
Art Nouveau inspired earrings. 
Art deco square wood ring.
My dog Cody in his new striped hoodie.

No comments: